Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day (13) of GOOD

So much GOOD stuff...

So I'm going to bend the rules yet again with today's post. I discovered and rediscovered some amazing artists and songs this past year but after doing a little research I discovered that all this wonderful music I've been listening to was released in 2008. But a lot of these singles played well into 2009, so its justifiable. Here we go. Enjoy.

MGMT had one of the most eclectic and unique records I've heard in awhile. And you can assume what my favorite track was...
Kings of Leon finally really blew up, deservedly so. I saw them open for The Strokes in 2002ish and they were the first opening band I had ever seen that i liked and didnt want hurried off stage. This entire record is amazing. It's road trip music, just put it on, drive, and sing at the top of your lungs.

MGMT
"Electric Feel", Oracular Spectacular



Kings of Leon
"Revelry", Only By the Night



Kanye West
"Heartless", 808's and Heartbreak




Coldplay
"Viva La Vida", Viva La Vida



T.I.
"I'm Illy", Paper Trail
(one of the hardest hip-hop tracks in the last decade)



The Lonely Island
"Like a Boss", Incredibad





Crystal Castles
"Crimewave", Self Titled




M83
"We Own the Sky", Saturdays=Youth



Sorry, not all are currently available for download...soon, be patient

No comments:

Post a Comment