Monday, January 11, 2010

Living up to the HYPE



So I finally saw the movie that everyone else has already seen, enjoyed, and been raving about for the last three weeks. It's tough to see a movie with this much hype this late, because all the talk can really ruin a good movie. I was excited for this movie just because of what I had read about the technology that went into making it.

James Cameron had the idea for this movie over ten years ago and the technology wasn't even available...that's a true visionary, and this movie was one of the most visually stunning works of art that I've ever seen before. At first glance this movie looked like a 250 million dollar Jar Jar Binks and friends, and I was worried that it would be a huge mess. It wasn't, and I really enjoyed it, even at over two and a half hours. The 3D was unlike anything I have ever seen, it was almost as if your in the world, not like the campy 3D I remember as a kid. So if you haven't seen it go and do so, I probably will again.


No comments:

Post a Comment