Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Because I like to Complain

The Worst of '09


Just ask my wife, I'm good at it, complaining that is. So the other side of the coin of 31 days of good...is of course the bad. I could make a laundry list of horrible music but I'm gonna keep it simple and stick to the "popular" bands that sell millions on itunes that I would like to deem bad, maybe even horrible.

U2, enough said...another aging, bloated rock band...thanks for the charity Bono, maybe you should focus on The Global Fund and not another crappy record.

Green Day, there even worse than U2. What happened to the band that sang about pleasuring yourself? I don't care about your politics, your views on Bush, health care, the war, etc. You can't be punk when you live in a mansion in the Hollywood hills.

The Black Eyed Peas, thank you for another commercial pop anthem that got stuck in our heads and annoyed my coworkers.

Anything that came out from bands like Nickelback, Rob Thomas, and any other ass-pop-rock band. I don't want to look if any of these bands released anything in '09, but I'm sure at least Nickelback did.

And of course, none of these will be available for download and I'm not even going to take the time to get any more pictures. Don't enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. i love it. my only complaint is that you are forgetting two of american idols worst alum, adam lambert and daughtry. they both punished us with horrible music this year. also, as much as I hate to put them on this list, weezer has been forcing crap on us since the green album. check out this quote from trent reznor, it sums it up perfectly:
    Ratitude – Weezer
    Quote of the year: “I’m not Prince or Rivers Cuomo who brags about having hundreds of great songs,” Reznor said. “And to that I would say, Prince, if you have a hundred great songs or a thousand, how about picking a few and putting them on your record that you’ve put out because your last several have sucked. Same for you, Rivers. I say that constructively, you know.” – Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails

    ReplyDelete