Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Day (15)

Shot out to Billy from CONCRETEOPINIONS because it's Dec 15, and it's his birthday. Happy Birthday man, and also another birthday in fam, my sister-in-law, Jaione.

Today's music are selections from artists that have appeared on this list earlier in the month. The first is Jay-Z's first single off his latest record, The Blueprint, entitled D.O.A., or Death of Autotune. And I know I had Kanye's Heartltess on this list earlier, but D.O.A. represents one of the biggest figures in music calling out the industry. Autotune plagued the airwaves, and I love that Jay-Z did this.

The second is from the French band Phoenix, and it is my favorite cut off their record.

Jay-Z
"D.O.A.", The Blueprint 3




Phoenix
"If I Ever Feel Better", Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix

No comments:

Post a Comment